Last Sunday morning, on June 11th, a line of strong thunderstorms swept across central and southern Minnesota, knocking out power and causing damage to thousands of homes. High winds, hail, and downed trees can cause a variety of damages to a roof and it is essential that you take care of these repairs as soon as you can. After all, one of the most important parts of your home is the roof. It’s what protects you, your loved ones and your belongings from the elements.
Because your roof is so essential, it is also important that you choose a roofing contractor you can trust and work with your insurance company to get that repairs you deserve. So, if your Stillwater home requires roof repair following storm damage from our recent storm, here are the five essential things you need to do when filing your insurance claims and setting up your repairs:
- Call your insurance claim company’s toll free number.
- Provide them with the date of the storm and type of damage (in this case that will likely be wind/hail).
- Next, they will provide you with a claim number and let you know an adjuster will be contacting you within a few days to set up the inspection.
- Choose a state licensed local contractor that you trust.
- Have the contractor meet the adjuster for the inspection. This will ensure:
- That the contractor will make sure the adjuster does not miss any damage.
- The contractor and adjuster will agree on the scope of work to eliminate re-inspections.
- The contractor and adjuster will agree on the price of the claim prior to starting the work.
- The contractor will represent you if the insurance company wants to deny the claim.
Choosing a trusted contractor and having them meet your adjuster will make the whole insurance claim/construction project go quickly and smoothly. At JTR Roofing, we have over 25 years of experience working with insurance companies and getting the job done as smoothly as possible. And, in Minnesota and Wisconsin, we are all too familiar with the extreme weather here. That’s why all of the materials that we install (slate, metal, cedar, shingles and more) are good choices for our climate. Of course, if you have any questions about roof repair, storm damage or installing a new roof, you can always call us for expert advice.
If you would like more information about roof repair in Stillwater or about any of our roof repair services, call JTR Roofing at 612-414-7102 or you can Contact Us.