Siding River Falls
Your home’s exterior protects it from the elements and provides curb appeal. Homes can have several different types of exteriors but the most popular is siding. Siding comes in various forms and colors and can easily be adapted to whatever style you prefer. Siding can last for decades but at some point may need to be repaired or replaced due to storm damage or natural wear and tear.
When you need siding in River Falls, you can call on the experts at JTR Roofing Inc. We can help with repairs, full replacements and siding for new construction or additions. We can help your home look better and last longer with proper siding installation. We provide free estimates and will answer any questions you may have about siding for your home.
Types of Siding
When it comes to siding, you have a few options to consider. Here are a few of the most popular siding materials.
By far, the most popular siding material is vinyl. Vinyl siding is well used due to its combination of durability, color options and low cost. You can get horizontal or vertical panels, shakes, shingles,dutch lap, board and batten, beaded, and fish or scallops.
Here are some other things to know about vinyl siding:
- Typically has a warranty of 30-40 years
- Color options are endless
- Can be textured like wood without the disadvantages of decay or termites
- Simple and easy to clean with a power hose and some water
- Can get insulated vinyl for our cold winters
- Water resistant but not waterproof
- Can bend under extreme weather conditions
- Likely the cheapest option for house exterior
This is usually associated with retro and modern style buildings. The most common types of metal materials for siding are aluminum and steel.
Here is some additional information on metal siding:
- Cannot mold or rot and is resistant to insects
- Very low maintenance
- No fading of color for steel; aluminum can fade
- Eco friendly and green product since each panel is precisely cut with little waste materials
- Fire resistant and resilient
- Can lead to rust and discolorization if not properly sealed and finished
- Aluminum siding is more prone to dents from hail, baseballs, etc
- Steel siding is heavy and requires more time to install
- Can scratch easily
Wood provides a natural and beautiful exterior to any house. The changing colors and tones of wood make a home feel warm and inviting. You can choose between several species of wood as well as different profiles such as bevel, shakes or shingles, board and batten, or engineered wood.
Here are some things to know about wood siding:
- Can be easily replaced in small quantities if damaged
- Definitely the most green siding
- Can be stained and painted in limitless colors
- Has a higher R-value for insulation, making it more energy efficient
- Is lightweight making it easier and faster to install
- Must be maintained
- Can be damaged by insects and water
- No fire resistance
The type of siding you choose will depend on your budget, style and personal preference. At JTR Roofing, we are experienced with all types of siding. So, whichever you choose, we can get it expertly installed for you.
Siding from JTR Roofing
If you are ready for new siding on your River Falls house, call JTR Roofing at 651-777-7394 or contact us. We can go over the options with you and provide a free estimate.